Friday, October 18, 2013

Life In Auckland vs Syria


I wake up to a bright light beaming through the curtains. I look at the time and its 8:00am. “Shoot! I’m running late” I shout. I quickly get dressed, clean my bed, brush my teeth and dash out the door skipping breakfast.

I wake up to bullets shooting through the room. I run to my mom's room and look out the window. “Another war happening!” I cry. I get down on my knees and close my eyes. I pray and pray to the Lord to help me and my family survive another day of horror.

I arrive at school and I check the time again. “It’s 8:30am” I say, right on time. I walk into class and sit down to wait for Mrs Nua to take the daily class roll. “Today is going to be a great day” I say and walk to my literacy group.

I open my eyes and realise that the gunshots have stopped. I look around and my mother is still peacefully deep into her sleep. “What to do?” I look around the room to do something for the day. No education, lacking clean clothes and no food to eat. “What to do?”

“Ring, Ring!” bell went. “Eating time” I say with excitement, I pack my stuff and ran to class. I walked outside and waited for my friends, afterwards my friends and I went to play on the field.

Everyday I think about my future am I going to wake up to gunshots every mornings, is my family and I going to survive another day, am I going to starve to death. Every Night I pray to the lord to guide us through the darkest hours.

3 comments:

Alexandria said...

Hi MaryL Fantastic post you did about Life In Auckland vs Syria.Its a really great post,I love every single things in this post.Everything in it is all perfect,I hope to see other posts from you.Keep up the good work.

By alexandria

Mr. Hutchings said...

Hey Mary,

Wow what an awesome contrast you have shown. Our hearts should always go out to those who aren't as fortunate as us.

You're ideas come through realy well in your writing but you need to watch your grammar, make sure you check on things like your punctuation, when the syrian girl thinks about her future is she asking questions?

Keep it up :)

Mr. Hutchings

Unknown said...

Hi Mary,
My name is Michelle. I'm a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL, USA. I very much liked this post! You showed great contrast between the two worlds. Keep up with your writing and blogging! You're doing a great job so far! I keep a class blog too. Here is the link if you want to check it out: My Blog.