Monday, March 4, 2013

Writing Sample 2013

This morning we all completed our first Writing Sample for 2013. I have posted it just as I wrote it in the 40 minutes that we were given, so that throughout the Year I will be able to look back and reflect on the progress I have made in my writing. I will post my learning goals from this soon.

It was another day at class and everyone was here ready to learn. “Wait where’s Jay Lee, I’ve never seen her miss a day of school”. The next day I’m sitting in my desk and the bell rings, I’m thinking in my head “Jay Lee ain’t here again”.

I look around to see where Huelo-ata was, she wasn’t here. “Where are my friends”. Everyday people had been disappearing one by one. It was weird, its like they were ghost’s.

Things started to creep me out. I was walking back home, and something catches my sight, my house was gone. At first I thought it was a ‘Sinkhole’ but there was no hole. There was no evidence, I got out my bike and rode around. I’m thinking in my head “What happened to my family, where are they”.

One thing disappears, then another thing has gone, and another, It felt like I was the only person alive. I looked around my school to see if there was anyone there. I looked in classrooms, the hall, the office and the staff room.

“Gosh I’m Hungry” I look inside the staff room fridge and I see a delicious sandwich. I reach out to grab it and as soon as I take a bite, it disappeared. I thought this was a good thing that people was disappearing because I was able to do anything I want, but food disappearing, “I can’t starve to death”.

Ring, Ring!” what is that noise, “Ring Ring!” I open my eyes. “Oh!” I was in disbelief, the whole time I was asleep, “Everything was a dream”. “ Nek Minute my dream comes true” I whisper gently to myself.

No comments: