Friday, July 27, 2012

London Olympics

2012 this year London is going to host the Olympics three times now which is pretty amazing. There is going to be returning champions who won medals at the beijing olympic. In beijing's olympic USA won the most medals. The first Olympic was hosted by Greece, Athens in 1908 which was the first ever Olympic. Three Olympic games were cancelled because of the World War I and II. As a athlete you have to set a goal and try to achieve it. London is a city that embraces the majesty of the old and the excitement of the new.

My favourite athlete is Michael Phelps who is an amazing swimmer, he has won 16 medals from some of the olympics. He represents USA. It must be hard to compete in the olympics  and play against adults and teenagers around the world. If I had to choose to be one of the athletes in the olympic I will pick Shawn Johnson (gymnastics), I don’t know why but I will love to be a gymnast.

I can’t wait until the olympics start, i will love to see how the New Zealand team are going.

No comments: